International Logistics and Projects Coordinator
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking an International Logistics and Projects Coordinator to join our Operation Christmas Child (OCC) Team. This individual will facilitate the movement of international shipments of gift boxes and ministry materials by executing intricate international supply chain processes, and will collaborate closely with the OCC Operations Team to support the year round project in the Calgary warehouse and other Operations projects as needed. As an integral member of the OCC Team, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry.
The successful candidate will fulfill a Full-time position in the Calgary head office. This position includes benefits of life insurance, medical/dental and short-term/long-term disability, RRSP contributions after one year of employment, and 15 vacation days per year to start.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages shipments through the development of complex multi-site loading plans and execution and oversight of shipping instructions to freight forwarders
- Takes appropriate actions to expedite movement and clearance of shipments, including tracking, process analysis, problem-solving and reporting
- Organizes, implements, and monitors all outgoing transportation of gift boxes and related ministry materials from and to processing centers, freight forwarders, and transportation companies, utilizing national, regional and local carriers
- Operates within budget and maintains an accurate financial reporting system to ensure successful transport and clearance of all shipments
- Supports the ministry’s efforts to develop and analyze importation processes through facilitating and responding to issues as required
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith.
- Diploma in Office Administration or related discipline
- 1-3 years of experience in transportation and logistics administration
- Demonstrated ability in leading teams, specifically volunteers
- Strong organizational, administrative, and multitasking abilities, adept at handling multiple priorities
- Outstanding project management skills, while delivering exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel
- Proactive, self-directed, and capable of working in small teams while maintaining confidentiality
- Detail oriented, with high level of accuracy
- Fluency in Spanish or French (speaking and writing) is an asset
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- A valid passport without travel restrictions
- valid Class 5 driver’s license
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.