Location: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We are currently seeking a highly organized individual to be a part of the Operation Christmas Child (OCC) Program of Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) as International Logistics Coordinator in our Calgary, AB office. This individual will be responsible to track the movement of all OCC shoe boxes across Canada, and internationally.
The International Logistics Coordinator will work with staff in Processing Centers, Corporate Transportation Partners, volunteers and other entities of the OCC program across Canada and internationally, with the focus of coordinating the logistical efforts of the OCC program. Additional expectations include the maintenance and review of logistics to directly connect SPC to program participants, and suggest areas for improvement. The International Logistics Coordinator will play a key role in maintaining and engaging new potential partners, donors and providers of Gifts-in-Kind. This individual will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry and the aforementioned functions as an integral member of the OCC Team.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- 1-3 years of experience in transportation and/ or logistics administration
- Demonstrated ability in leading teams, specifically volunteers
- Strong organizational, administrative and planning skills, with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Consistently demonstrate excellent customer service skills, working within tight deadlines
- Diploma in Office Administration or related discipline would be ideal
- Solid proficiency with MS Office, specifically with Excel
- Able to travel internationally on occasion, so a valid passport or eligibility, is a must
- Ability to be proactive, self-directed and work within a small team
- Detail oriented, with a high level of accuracy; maintains confidentiality of information
- Fluency in Spanish &/or French (speaking and writing) is an asset
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.