Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. One of the ways Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) has had open doors to share the gospel is through the Shoebox gift program of Operation Christmas Child (OCC).
Samaritan’s Purse Canada is seeking volunteers who are friendly and outgoing. Our Hosts have various roles in the OCC Processing Center, all of which support the efficient processing of donated shoebox gifts. These roles include; Greeters, Parking Lot Attendants, and Processing Center Maintenance. The purpose of these roles is to contribute to a missional atmosphere that is friendly, welcoming, and evangelistic. The collective goal of all Hosts is to create a positive customer service experience for donors. As an integral member of the OCC department, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Commitment to the ministry goals of Samaritan’s Purse and the Operation Christmas Child program
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrates diplomatic and discernment skills
- Is dependable and a self-starter
3 Steps to Apply:
- Print an Application Form
- Complete the Application Form
- Send in your Application Form, by:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (indicated “OCC Processing” in the subject line)
- Fax: 403-250-6567 – ATTN: OCC Operations Manager
Attention: OCC Operations Manager
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.