General Manager Dease Lake Ministry Center
Region: Dease Lake, BC
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Do you have a desire to see Northern communities impacted with the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
Do you have a heart to serve?
Do you love the outdoors; biking, hiking, fishing and enjoy the small community experience?
If you do please prayerfully consider applying to this unique ministry opportunity.
The Samaritan’s Purse Dease Lake Ministry Center opened in June 2013 with a focus on providing a Christ–centered faithful presence to the Tahltan Nation and local community of Dease Lake in Northern B.C. so they may be exposed to and explore the Christian Faith.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking a General Manager who will be responsible for the ongoing development as well as the day-to-day leadership, operations and management of the SPC Dease Lake Ministry Center, which focuses on promoting an understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and SPC’s faithful presence in the community. This position liaises and builds rapport with the Tahltan Nation, local community and church, and is responsible to manage and oversee the Center’s operations, staff, and hospitality services and programs offered to the Dease Lake and surrounding First Nations communities. The General Manager will demonstrate vigilance and discernment for what is contextually appropriate, and take initiative to grow local programs consistent with the strategy, mission and charitable purposes of the organization. Other responsibilities include ensuring the wellbeing, safety and security of SPC staff and volunteers, compliance with governmental regulations and codes and collaborating with different teams within SPC Calgary. The General Manager will reside in Dease Lake, British Columbia.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Degree or Diploma in program development or project management
- Academic background in First Nation Studies would be a definite asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- 2-3 years of supervisory or management experience
- 2-3 years of operations/project management and/or program/ministry development
- Cross-cultural working experience, with event coordination and team building experience
- Brings insight into First Nations community culture and is capable of developing partnerships with the First Nations and the broader community
- The ability to balance and coordinate multiple tasks and initiatives
- Flexible and adaptable; willing to serve with a positive attitude
- Strong relational skills, and ability to build bridges between different personality types
- Proven ability to work with vulnerable individuals and to create a safe environment for them
- Demonstrates strong leadership, motivational and relationship building skills
- Takes initiative and is proactive
- Understands budgets and financial statements
- Successful candidate would be required to provide a clean driver’s abstract.
**Accommodations are provided as a taxable benefit, along with some transportation support at the beginning and end of the contract**
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.