Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking an experienced individual who is passionate about Christian ministry to fill a full-time permanent Facility Maintenance role in the Calgary Head Office. This Facility Maintenance role is responsible for providing a safe, comfortable work environment through general care of the building and grounds at our NE Calgary facility. Through routine and preventative maintenance, set-up and tear-down of various office areas, as well as some minor building renovations, this position provides a great opportunity to serve an international mission, right here at home. As an integral member of the Operations Department this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith.
- 2-3 years of experience in building maintenance and general contracting – a “jack of all trades”
- Understands and abides by Occupational Health and Safety procedures
- Knowledge of security and HVAC systems
- Valid First Aid Certificate, Forklift Operation License and WHMIS certificate are preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude and skills
- Well organized
- Good communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Team player with ability to work well independently
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and respond quickly and appropriately in emergency situations
- Maintain a good physical condition and able to safely lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.