Location: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking a mechanically-oriented administrator to fill the role of Equipment Service Coordinator with the Canadian Disaster Relief (CDR) Team. This role is responsible to coordinate and track the service and maintenance of all the CDR equipment and vehicles, ensuring everything is in ‘Response Ready’ condition and in compliance with all provincial and federal transportation legislation, year-round. This person will travel frequently between the Calgary main office and the Central Canadian Warehouse, located in Hamilton, ON as well as frequent deployment as needed across Canada. During deployments the Equipment Service Coordinator may be tasked to drive the Disaster Response Units’ semi-trailers or other fleet vehicles, along with field operations at the response site at the discretion of the CDR Manager. This person will also assist in providing leadership to volunteers both at the response site and in the warehouses.
The Equipment Service Coordinator will be based out of the SPC office in Calgary, AB for a 1-year contract term, and will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry and the aforementioned functions as an integral member of the Programs & Projects team.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Post-secondary education in mechanics, transportation or other related field
- Mechanical aptitude with demonstrated experience in automotive/ small engine repair
- Valid class 1 license with a minimum of 2 years’ experience driving tractor-trailers
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Customer service oriented
- Proficient in MS Office
- Able to work independently, while working in a team environment
- Accurate with an eye for detail
- Solid organization and prioritizing skills to effectively coordinate multiple competing priorities
- Experience working with/ leading volunteers would be an asset
- Ability to travel frequently and to endure potentially unstable working conditions during times of deployment, group living accommodations will be provided as needed
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected