Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking an individual with strong customer service skills to fill the role of donor services representative in our office in Calgary, AB. This representative will provide excellent service and support to the organization’s donors by receiving incoming calls for the purpose of providing information on the organization’s programs, accept donations and provide prayer. This front line role is also responsible for key daily activities related to donation processing as assigned by the donor services manager, including data entry, recurring donations, mail opening and daily reconciliation. As an integral member of the Donor Ministry department, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a seasonal position in the Calgary head office currently scheduled from mid-October through the end of January inclusive.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith.
- Office administration or data entry experience
- 2-3 years of experience in a customer service role, call center experience is an asset
- Above average keyboarding skills
- Pleasant and patient demeanor with caller inquiries
- Detail oriented, accurate and efficient
- Proven track record in balancing customer service and administration
- A general understanding of financial principles
- Well organized with ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, verbal and written
- Passionate about the ministry of Samaritan’s Purse
- A team player
- Able to perform routine work in a fast paced environment
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.