Location: Western Canada
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is looking for a Donor Relations Developer located in Western Canada, ideally in Vancouver area/ Lower Mainland, BC, to be a member of the development team, working from a home-based office. This role will be responsible for meeting financial goals in order to facilitate ministry objectives determined for SPC. Along with developing new relationships and donors, the Donor Relations Developer stewards existing donors as assigned. This team player will participate in fundraising initiatives organized by the department, attend events on behalf of the ministry and will be required to travel throughout the successful candidate’s home province, and sometimes beyond. This person will build support primarily from individuals, secondarily from corporations, foundations, educational institutions, and churches. The Donor Relations Developer will be expected to make presentations on SPC projects and provide audiences with opportunities to financially support SPC. This person will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry and the aforementioned functions as an integral member of the Development department. This role is looking to commence early to mid-May.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in major gift fundraising with some foundation grant proposal writing experience an asset
- Demonstrated track record of meeting fundraising targets
- Must be able to work under pressure, and manage complex and often competing priorities in a fast changing environment
- Highly self-motivated, goal-oriented, with a professional presentation
- Must enjoy meeting new people and be resourceful in researching, prospecting and engaging new constituents
- Enthusiastic about the vision and ministry of SPC and enjoys networking, building rapport and developing relationships
- Strong communication and group presentation skills, with proven fundraising ability
- Awareness of Non-Governmental Organization culture, an asset
- Experience with fund development databases and MS Excel would be an asset
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.