Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking to add an experienced Digital Marketing Coordinator to our Communications & Creative Services (C&CS) team who will support the organization’s digital marketing production. The coordinator is responsible to assist in the coordination and implementation of the organization’s website and social media initiatives. As a member of the Digital Marketing Team, the coordinator will participate in strategies to drive website traffic, increase donations and brand awareness through digital marketing channels. As an integral member of the C&CS department, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time permanent position in the Calgary head office.
In the role of Digital Marketing Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to:
- Execute and implement day-to-day digital media initiative and the coordination and administration of Eblasts, including post campaign reporting
- Post on social media platforms, and respond to followers in a timely and professional manner, in accordance with SPC protocols
- Adapt digital media content from International Headquarters (IHQ) to a Canadian context
- Demonstrate an ability to use a variety of social media platforms to maintain and enhance SPC’s brand awareness
- Provide overall administrative assistance to the C&CS Team
- Inspect and verify that completed deliverables, meet quality standards and bring forward concerns to the Digital Marketing Team
- Participate in the development and analysis of digital marketing strategies for optimization of marketing campaigns, website traffic and effective brand recognition
- Work collaboratively with the Digital Marketing Team to determine digital marketing needs and strategies that support internal clients’ programs and initiatives
- Ensure that established end-product quality standards are met, and that documented procedures are followed
- Engage with internal stakeholders to communicate the heart of the ministry and inspire donors in ministry participation and support.
- Support the development of high-impact written content for digital marketing initiatives
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Digital Marketing or other related field
- 1-2 years’ work experience in a digital marketing environment
- Knowledgeable in various social media platforms
- A quick learner, able to leverage new web technology and social media platforms
- Flexible and possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong organization and prioritizing skills
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated proficiency using WordPress and/or comparable website content management systems
- Hootsuite or similar social media management experience
- HTML experience would be an asset
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.