Bunia, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Are you experienced in engaging with external donors and skilled in program design and implementation? Do you possess a demonstrated history of thriving in diverse international environments? Discover how we make a difference through ministry and transform lives!
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
As the Deputy Country Director, you will assume a pivotal role in our organization, offering mentorship and oversight to our program managers and program development team. Your leadership will extend to shaping the vision and direction of our field offices. As a cherished member of our team, you will actively engage in our daily prayer ministry, anchoring your work in alignment with our mission and objectives.
The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time position in Bunia, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). This position includes family accompaniment, benefits of life insurance, international medical/dental, long-term disability, RRSP contributions after one year of employment, and 12 vacation days per year to start.
If you’re ready to use your expertise to effect positive change and play a vital role in achieving our mission at Samaritan’s Purse internationally, we invite you to join us on this rewarding journey. Together, we can make a lasting difference in the lives of those we serve!
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supports the Country Director to foster an environment of continuous spiritual growth within field teams
- Assists in monitoring security concerns and potential disasters, encompassing both natural and man-made incidents
- Engages with senior management to actively contribute to the formulation and execution of a country office strategy and vision, in alignment with Samaritan’s Purse’s broader mission
- Proactively seeks potential funding sources and other available resources to support existing, new, or planned projects undertaken by Samaritan’s Purse
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing the day-to-day operations of field offices, offering guidance on proposal development and budgeting, and overseeing project implementation and financial aspects
- Evaluates the progress of ongoing and new initiatives to ensure targets are met and budgets remain on track, while also supervising the completion of comprehensive and accurate reporting
- Qualified applicants must be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse’s Statement of Faith
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-4 years related leadership and international field work experience or equivalent
- Fluency in both English and French, encompassing both verbal and written communication is essential
- Extensive field humanitarian experience in a management role is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in leading diverse, cross-cultural teams
- Well-rounded understanding of the socioeconomic, cultural, and political landscape within the country
- Familiarity with establishing partnerships with entities like USAID and various governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Competence in project planning, execution, logistics, as well as financial and administrative coordination
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies is an asset
- Able to travel in and out of remote fields
- Valid Passport and necessary travel documents and vaccinations for entry into both the DRC and the United States
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Please submit all applications in English
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.