Region: Dease Lake, BC
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Do you have a desire to see Northern communities impacted with the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
Do you have a heart to serve?
Do you love the outdoors; biking, hiking, fishing and enjoy the small community experience?
If you do please prayerfully consider applying to this unique ministry opportunity.
The Samaritan’s Purse Dease Lake Ministry Center opened in June 2013 with a focus on providing a Christ–centered faithful presence to the Tahltan Nation and local community of Dease Lake in Northern B.C. so they may be exposed to and explore the Christian Faith.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking a Ministry Program Coordinator who will be responsible to coordinate and implement the Ministry Center’s programs and initiatives in an effort to accomplish the charitable purposes of the Organization. Under the direction of the Dease Lake Ministry Center Leadership, this position plans, coordinates and supports the Center’s day-to-day operations and hospitality services offered to various members of Dease Lake and surrounding First Nations communities. Additionally, this role will be expected to serve in the Community school when appropriate and carry out housekeeping tasks at the Center. The Ministry Program Coordinator will reside in the community of Dease Lake to support the strategic plan of SPC. The successful candidate will fulfill a one year full-time contract position at the Ministry Centre, Dease Lake – British Columbia.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Insight into the First Nation’s community culture and able to develop relational skills inclined towards the First Nations and the broader community
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to effectively balance and coordinate multiple tasks and initiatives
- Flexible and adaptable; willing to serve with a positive attitude
- Strong relational skills, and ability to build bridges between different personality types
- Proven ability to work with vulnerable individuals and to create a safe environment for them
- Disciplined self-starter; able to work independently, stay motivated, and carry out projects to completion with little supervision
- Experience in Teaching or Leading a Children’s/Youth Ministry Program and/or event coordination, team building and program management will be an asset.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in First Nation Studies, Community Development, Counselling, or another related field a definite asset.
- Previous engagement in a ministry within a First Nations community and completion of Biblical Studies certificate would be ideal.
**Food and accommodation will be provided as a taxable benefit, along with some transportation support at the beginning and end of the contract**
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.