Region: Dease Lake, BC
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
The Samaritan’s Purse Dease Lake Ministry Center opened in June 2013 with a focus on providing a Christ–centered faithful presence to the Tahltan Nation and local community of Dease Lake in Northern B.C. so they may be exposed to and explore the Christian Faith.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking a Ministry Manager who will focus on the planning and implementing ministry programs and activities of the Dease Lake Ministry Center (DLMC). While emphasizing youth ministry, this role will be involved in all aspects of DLMC ministry. Working with the Dease Lake General Manager, this position will ensure that all activities and operations reflect adequate care, supervision and safety to all those being ministered to. This role may also serve in community programs when appropriate and assist with various responsibilities related to the care of the ministry center as it fulfills the SPC’s Charitable Purpose and Mission to share the Gospel. The Ministry Manager will be provided accommodations in Dease Lake, British Columbia. For staff fulfilling a 1-year or more commitment in the community, a comprehensive benefits package, including life insurance, medical/dental coverage, and short-term/long-term disability benefits, is included.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the safe and enthusiastic delivery of the Ministry Center operations, hospitality services, and community outreach initiatives designed to support the community of Dease Lake and the surrounding First Nations communities
- As the Center permits, utilize personal aptitudes, interests and abilities to explore and implement innovative and approved program initiatives that serve the community
- Maintain a positive working relationship with Dease Lake community members, including but not limited to official groups, schools, businesses and churches
- Provide insight into First Nations community culture and is capable of developing partnerships with the First Nations and the broader community
- Able to empathetically navigate the unique needs and dynamics of working with energetic children and youth, ensuring their well-being and growth
- Assist in maintaining the overall cleanliness and hygiene of the facility through regular upkeep and maintenance
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Post-Secondary Degree, Diploma or courses in First Nation Studies, Community Development, Counselling or another related field
- 3+ years of ministry experience within a First Nations community
- Education in Trauma-informed Care
- Knowledge and experience in mentoring high-risk youth
- Pastoral and/or counselling experience is an asset
- Flexible and adaptable; willing to serve with a positive attitude
- Conflict resolution and advocacy skills
- Strong relational skills and ability to build bridges between different personality types
- Proven ability to compassionately engage with individuals facing challenges and foster a secure and nurturing environment for their well-being
- Disciplined self-starter; able to work independently and stay motivated and organized to carry out projects to completion with little supervision
- Successful candidate would be required to provide a clean driver’s abstract and a current Criminal Background Check, with vulnerable sector
**Accommodations are provided as a taxable benefit, along with some transportation support at the beginning and end of the contract**
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.