Data Processing Manager
Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking a Data Processing Manager who will be responsible for training, equipping and overseeing the timely and efficient work of the Data Processing team as they process daily mail, enter and manage donations, process donation receipts and maintain the data quality in the corporate constituent database. The Data Processing Manager will also oversee the seasonal Operation Christmas Child (OCC) Data Processing Team, which consists of hiring, training and managing the seasonal staff. Additionally, this role is responsible for the seasonal project budget and ensures the outcomes of the team meet the donation processing and data quality requirements. The Data Processing Manager is the key liaison with the Finance Department, coordinating the closing of the day, month and year, as well as ensuring adjustments are handled in accordance to finance standards. This role will also be a key liaison with the Application Services Team, ensuring all constituent data maintained in constituent databases is accurate and trustworthy, identifying gaps in systems, and making sure automated processes are working properly. As an integral member of the Information and Technology department, this role will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time permanent position in the Calgary office.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Ability to multi-task, maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and present information orally, written or technically, with clarity, accuracy and professionalism
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities; training and teaching experience an asset
- Solid administrative and organizational skills
- Flexible, adaptable and works well with a team
- Awareness of effective adult learning principles
- Post-secondary education and/or experience in office administration
- 2 years of supervisory or management experience
- Keyboarding and/or data entry experience
- Understanding of general financial principles
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.