Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking a team player with strong written communication skills to fill the role of Communications Advisor – Digital Communications in our Calgary, AB office. This role is responsible for gathering, creating and tracking content and assets used on the organization’s websites, eblasts, social media accounts, and online advertising. This individual will also apply his or her experience and knowledge of digital communication best practices to evaluate and make suggestions to enhance the effectiveness of SPC’s digital communications. The Advisor will also provide general support to the department and organization through effective writing, editing, analysis and reporting, as well as recommending effective strategies for marketing to millennials. In addition, the Advisor will work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager and the Senior Communications Advisor to ensure SPC’s digital marketing initiatives are closely aligned with the organization’s strategic plans. As an integral member of the Communications & Creative Services Department, this person will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Diploma or degree in Communications, Marketing, Digital Marketing, English or another related field
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in a digital marketing environment, including writing responsibilities
- 1 – 3 years’ experience with HTML (making editorial updates to coded pages)
- Demonstrates proficiency using WordPress and/or comparable website content management systems along with MS Office Suite
- Experience planning, producing, purchasing and measuring the effectiveness of online advertising, on platforms such as Facebook and Google
- Working knowledge of Silverpop or comparable email broadcast tools would be an asset
- Ability to effectively navigate and publish content through a variety of social media platforms
- Experience with Google Analytics preparing and presenting analytics reports, would be ideal
- Able to quickly learn and leverage new web technology and social media platforms
- Able to effectively serve, individually and as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
We offer a competitive salary, an attractive full benefits package, a dynamic work environment, as well as the opportunity to serve in a tangible way with eternal purpose!
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment and salary expectations to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.