Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking a Call Support Representative. This individual will be responsible to engage in opportunities to better serve and connect with the organization’s constituents by engaging in telephone campaigns designed to update, thank, pray and inform donors of ministry initiatives and opportunities. This individual will also be responsible to provide support for the receptionist during breaks, meetings and extended leaves, including but not limited to vacation and sick days. During this support period this individual will receive and process incoming calls as well as welcome all visitors and maintain security procedures. As an integral member of the Donor Ministry department, this role will carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time role in the Calgary office.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith.
- High school diploma and/or experience in Office Administration
- Experience in communicating with existing and potential constituents
- Experience in a call center and/or customer service capacity
- Experience in a receptionist role with over 50 lines, an asset
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented, consistent, accurate and efficient
- Above average keyboarding skills
- Ability to perform routine work in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and also be a team player
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Pleasant professional manner when on the phone
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment and salary expectations to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.