Volunteer with Operation Christmas Child and help bring the Good News of God's love to a hurting child overseas.
Shoe Box Processing Center (Warehouse)
The volunteer experience at an Operation Christmas Child shoe box processing center in Calgary, AB or Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge, ON is fun and rewarding. Check back here in October 2013 for information and application opportunities.
Seasonal employment opportunities are available in Calgary, AB and Kitchener/Waterloo, ON. Learn more here.
Operation Christmas Child, a project of Samaritan's Purse, has touched the lives of millions of hurting children since 1993 by distributing gift-filled shoe boxes and sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ in crisis areas of the world. There are still millions more hurting children waiting to hear that God loves them - and it all starts with you. Consider multiplying your impact by becoming a year-round volunteer on a local Area Team!
Year-round volunteers, known as CONNECT Volunteers, are forming Area Teams around the country to organize, promote, and pray for the ministry in their own communities throughout the year. Make an eternal impact on the lives of children by using your gifts to serve the Lord as a CONNECT Volunteer on one of these ministry teams in your area:
- Prayer: Uphold all aspects of the Operation Christmas Child project with prayer. Engage a local team in prayer by circulating praise and prayer items, and organizing prayer initiatives.
- Logistics: Collect gift-filled shoe boxes in your team's area and steward them on the first leg of their journey. Welcome participants as they come into your Collection Center. Count and track each precious gift-filled shoe box, and whenever required arrange for its local transportation.
- Church Relations: Mobilize local churches to engage their congregations and communities in this hands-on missions project. Develop new contacts, network with church leaders, and provide regular support and encouragement.
- Community Relations: Work throughout the year to build relationships with community groups and increase awareness through local events and conferences.
- Media Relations: Build awareness and encourage participation in the project by engaging the media. Connect local news media with Operation Christmas Child.
- Team Leadership: Provide servant leadership to members of your local team. Cast vision, develop strategies and goals together with your team.
Is God calling you to consider serving with this life-changing ministry? To speak with a representative, please email email@example.com or call 1-800-303-1269.
When emailing, please include:
- Your contact information
- Which volunteer opportunity best fits your personal abilities
- Where you are located in Canada
2013 Ambassador Distribution Trips
Applications for 2013 Ambassador trips are no longer being accepted. Learn more here or consider other Samaritan's Purse Teams Trips.
- You must be a Canadian resident between the ages of 18-65 and in good physical condition. However, if you are over 65 years of age and feel that you can endure the following conditions: long plane and bus rides, hikes, shared accommodations, eating foreign foods, inconsistent meal times, extremes in weather conditions, insects indigenous to the area, etc., please submit a doctor's note with your application, clearing you for travel overseas, and we would be happy to consider you for a trip.
- You must currently be involved with Operation Christmas Child at some level, and be interested in increasing your involvement in the project in your area.
Ways you can help
Pray that every child who receives an Operation Christmas Child shoe box gift will hear and know how much God loves them.
Help Samaritan’s Purse go beyond the shoe box and expand assistance to children, their families, and their communities. Donate Here